APF is happy to announce that JB Meal Prep and Catering is offering healthy, affordable meals for our clients. Jason has more than a decade of experience in the restaurant industry. JB Meal Prep & Catering provides simple, healthy meals for all diets, with the goal of helping you and your family get started with a better, healthier lifestyle. We now also offer Grab & Go available fresh each week while supplies last.
Another QUICK Weeknight Meal
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 TBL rice vinegar
- 3 TBL reduced sodium vinegar
- 2 tsp freshly minced peeled ginger
- 3 1/2 TBL vegetable oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sake or dry white wine
- 4 4 oz fillets of flounder or other delicate white fish
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
Arrange a rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 400. Combine scallion,1/4 cup cilantro and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk in 1 1/2 TBL oil. Season cilantro-lime sauce with salt & pepper; set aside.
Heat remaining 2 TBL oil in a large skillet over high heat until shimmering. Working in batches if needed ,a dd bok choy, cut side down, and sear until golden brown, 2-4 minutes per batch. Turn bok choy cut side up and remove pan from heat. Add sake. Season fish with salt & pepper & arrange in a single layer over bok choy. Roast in oven until fish is just cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
Put a small amount of sake sauce from pan on a plate and arrange bok choy & fish on top . Drizzle with cilantro-lime sauce & garnish with cilantro sprig, if desired.
* 2 eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
* 4 egg whites, beaten
* 4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs (homemade fresh is better!)
* 6 cups marinara sauce, divided (I make my own from fresh or can tomatoes, onion, garlic and herbs...Mark Bittman is a great source for fresh sauce)
* 1 (16 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, sliced (better quality cheese, better tasting dish)
* 3 TBL grated Parmesan cheese, divided
* 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
* 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Dip both sides of eggplant slices in egg, and let egg drip off. Then press each side in bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet, sprayed with PAM. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes on each side.
3. In a 9x13 inch baking dish spread marinara sauce thinly to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce, layer first with fresh spinach leaves and then mozzarella cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle basil on top.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.